Review and Bucket List: Goodbye, Rebel Blue by Shelley Coriell

12:00 AM



This book inspired me to make a bucket list.  I already sort of started one, but I was never serious about it.  I had goals on there that seemed really unreachable.


But then my brother in law was saying he made a 30 things to do in his 30th year (bc he's turning the big 3-0 in a few weeks).  And he put goals that were attainable.  It made me really want to try this.  I'm one of those people that's pretty much content staying in on a Friday night reading so this may just be what I need to get out there and face the things that scare me, but that I've always wanted to do.


Here's my bucket list.  It's a mix of things I want to try to do soon and things I plan to do before I die.







1. Visit Italy (Sicily where my ancestors are from)
2. Swim with dolphins
3. Meet Sarah Dessen and Jennifer L. Armentrout
4. Open a bakery
5. Publish a book
6. Become a Zumba Instructor
7. Start a charity or at least run an event for one
8. Go to BEA and/or ALA
9. Try Sushi
10. Get a puppy
11. Drive down to South Carolina to visit my friend
12. Go to Disney (or more importantly Harry Potter World)
13. Read 150 books in a year (Last year and this year I only seemed to read about 100).
14. Go to a NFL football game
15. Learn to make granny squares and chevron in crocheting
16. Have a daughter and give her my grandma Jo's (Josie) name as a middle name.
17. Complete NaNoWriMo project
18. Learn how to ballroom or cha cha dance (in heels).
19. Get a tattoo
20. See another professional ballet, but this time sit in seats (not standing)
21. Learn how to play guitar
22. Sing Karaoke
*23. Do a random act of kindness one day for a year (stole this idea from the book!)
24. Write a thank you letter to my first grade teacher who got me into reading and helped me when I struggled.
25. Raise $1,000+ and awareness for Crohn's Disease.
26. Take a cake decorating class
27. Take a photography class
28. Read at least one nonfiction book a month
29. Get back into drawing (draw something once a month)
30. Get purposely lost and explore a new area (then use the gps to get home)
31. Run a race
32. Try Yoga
33. Meditate for 10 minutes everyday for a year
34. See a meteor shower
35. Go on a road trip
36. Finish all the series I've started (ya right)
37. Have a library in my house (or craft room with big bookshelf & comfy chair)
38. White Water Raft
39. Meet my Book BFFs in real life (Idk why I didn't think of this one sooner)
40. Get bangs
41. Donate my hair to locks of love
42. Wear something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue
43. Visit Australia
44. Ride a horse
45. See a drive in movie
46. Try cooking a new gluten free meal a week.
47. Be part of a flash mob
48. Get a reading from the Long Island Medium
49. Ice skate in central park
50. Live somewhere else (another state or country)

Heres' my Bookish Bucket List too.



I loved this book and am so thankful Rie recommended it to me.  It had me laughing and swooning and got me excited about life again.  The writing was just perfect.  I wanted to savor the words and often reread paragraphs just to enjoy the fluidity and poeticness of them.  I recommend this book to EVERYONE!  Seriously, go read it.

You Might Also Like

5 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 5 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 0 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 16 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Flickr Images