Harley's Hall of Bookish Fame #4

12:00 AM


Maren Dille

Thanks for stopping by today!

If your book was being made into a movie, who would you cast?
For The Faith and Fate of David GhentDean Geyer for David, Maggie Grace for Layla,Patrick Wilson for Nathaniel, Eric Bana for Karael, Paul Bettany for Puriel, Carrie Ann Moss for Ramiala,

You had me at Dean Geyer.  He's the guy that plays Rachel's new love interest on Glee right!?!

How often do you write?
I try to squeeze time in every day. Sometimes that time is very productive and I write whole chapters at a time, other days all I end up doing is deleting a bunch of paragraphs and words. Both things are necessary in the creation of a good novel.

What is the best part about being an author?
I’m always searching for the next book or television show that will have all the aspects I like. Character development, authenticity, strong chemistry, compelling scenes . . . as a writer, I can control all that and live in my own story. The art of creation is challenging, but also extremely rewarding.

I agree.  I'v recently started writing and love being in control of the story, but it isn't easy at the same time.

Did you make playlists for any of your books?
I tend to choose one song and use that for inspiration for the entire novel—much like a trailer for a movie. For The Faith and Fate of David Ghent, I listened to Breaking Benjamin’s “Give Me a Sign,” the acoustic version.

What do you do when you’re not writing?
Think about what I could/should be writing. Seriously, the stories are always at the back of my mind. I’m also a wife and mother, daughter and sister, and friend. I spend a lot of time with my family and friends.
What is your favorite book to movie adaptation?
I loved The Chronicles of Narnia: the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. Everything was exactly how I thought it should be, the acting was top-notch, and the emotion and message of the book came across so well in the movie.

I thought the casting and world building was very true to that book!

Where are you from?
I grew up in Rochester, NY, and now live in Utah. I love Utah, but I have an obsession with all things east-coast. I’m very proud of my roots.

Wow that's a big change!  I'm an east-coast girl myself and can't imagine movie to Utah.

Name an author you discovered recently and love.
I think I’d read anything Yann Martel (Life of Pi) writes. Life of Pi was written so beautifully, I want to reread it over and over just for the language.

I've heard that one was amazing.  Definitely need to try it one of these days.

What genre/book is your guilty pleasure?
I love the Clearwater Crossing Series by Laura Peyton Roberts. It’s Christian teen, and I can’t get enough of it.

Name one book on your wish list.
I’ve been meaning to read 1984 by George Orwell for years, and still haven’t gotten around to it.

Ocean or Pool?
Ocean, always. The beach is my happy place.

Series or Stand-alone?
Series. I want as much as possible from books I love.

Nsync or Backstreet Boys?
Backstreet Boys. And they just keep on giving!

Mac or PC?
Die-hard Mac fan. Once you go mac, you can’t go back.

Harry Potter of Hunger Games?
Must we choose? If so, Harry Potter. All-time favorite series.


   
Amazon
Website

Author of:
    
Want to be interviewed?  Sign up here

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 5 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 0 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 16 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Flickr Images